Steve Nicol and Gab Marcotti disagree on how they would handle Kylian Mbappe if he moved to Real Madrid on a record fee.
Wednesday’s latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC’s What’s Trending…
MONACO: Two clubs have made bids in excess of €100 million for Monaco star Kylian Mbappe, but both have been rejected, a source told ESPN FC.
MAN UNITED: Marcus Rashford has backed United’s reported attempts to sign Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid.
– The Red Devils have been named the world’s most valuable football club by Forbes for the first time in five years.
LIVERPOOL: Southampton have asked the Premier League to investigate an alleged illegal approach from Liverpool for Virgil van Dijk, Press Association Sport reports.
– Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has said that he was confronted by Daniel Sturridge over his criticism of the striker.
REAL MADRID: Colombia national team manager Jose Pekerman believes that sometimes “great talents” like James Rodriguez don’t fit in with certain clubs because of a difference in style and a lack of understanding.
– Departing Real Madrid defender Pepe has said he is unhappy with the way he was treated in his final months at the club.
– Jesus Vallejo says he is not sure yet whether he will join Zinedine Zidane’s squad as a direct replacement for departing centre-back Pepe next season.
ITALY: Gianluigi Donnarumma has postponed his college exams by a month after being named in the Italy under-21 squad for the European Championship in Poland this summer.
ARSENAL: The club will hold talks with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s representatives this week in an effort to thrash out a deal to keep him at the Emirates, sources have told ESPN FC.
– Arsenal have announced the signing of left-back Sead Kolasinac from Schalke on a long-term contract.
– Arsene Wenger has urged Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe to join a club where he is guaranteed to play and hailed him as a future Ballon d’Or candidate, fuelling speculation that the Gunners are preparing a record-breaking bid for the striker.
CHELSEA: Niklas Sule has said he rejected interest from Chelsea before opting to join Bayern Munich.
– Michy Batshuayi has said he cannot afford to spend another season on the bench but the club “are the boss” when it comes to deciding his future beyond this summer.
EVERTON: Everton striker Romelu Lukaku has told Sky Sports he and his agent “have an agreement” with another club, adding that he intends to remain in the Premier League.
BARCELONA: Gerard Pique has told Movistar the day people see Barcelona “on a victory parade for winning the Copa del Rey” would be the moment to conclude that Real Madrid “have entered a dominant cycle.”
GERMANY: Joshua Kimmich’s spectacular overhead kick secured Germany a late 1-1 draw in their friendly against Denmark in Copenhagen.
ENGLAND: Kieran Trippier and Kyle Walker may be battling for the same shirt with Tottenham and England but there is no tension between the pair, who were happy to share a tent on the Three Lions’ military boot camp.
– The Scottish Football Association has said it rejected a police request to move the time of Scotland’s World Cup qualifier against England.
BOURNEMOUTH: Jermain Defoe has confirmed his move to Bournemouth is all but finished, telling BBC Radio the transfer from Sunderland will be completed in July.
TURKEY: Arda Turan has announced his retirement from international football after clashing with a journalist while flying back from Turkey’s goalless draw with Macedonia on Monday.
DORTMUND: Borussia Dortmund have appointed Peter Bosz as their new head coach, a week after the departure of Thomas Tuchel.
BAYERN MUNICH: German champions Bayern Munich have defended their close ties to Qatar, insisting the growing diplomatic crisis between the 2022 World Cup host and its neighbours is a matter for the German government.
MLS: Orlando City SC is condemning a social media post that targeted a Major League Soccer referee.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.